Stauning Port Smoke Single Malt Whisky
Stauning Port Smoke – Cask Strength is composed of six individual f
irst-fill tawny port wine casks from Portuguese winemaker Calheiros Cruz.
Casks no. 375, 364, 365 and 369 all held Stauning no-smoke single malt.
Cask no. 381 was filled with Stauning Heather single malt and finally cask no. 394 contained Stauning Peat single malt.
All distilled in 2015. The contents was married in 2019 and bottled at hefty 61,9% ABV.
The whisky is characterized by the youthful freshness of our malts. Fruity and cereal and with light yet complex notes of smoke from peat and heather. The tawny port casks add flavours of figs, nuts, dried fruits, vanilla, brown sugar and toffee. We really enjoy this expression and hope you will too.
– Local barley from Stauning.
– Local peat from Klosterlund.
– Local heather from the moors of Jutland.
– Local water of superior quality.
– 100% floor-malted barley.
– Double pot still distillation.
– Old-school direct-fired stills.
– Matured and bottled on-site.